Caution: The aftercare instructions provided on this page are intended for clients of Ivonne Sanchez Beauty. These aftercare instructions may not be applicable to eyeliner tattoo that has been performed by other clinics as their products or protocols may not be the same as ours. Ivonne Sanchez Beauty takes no responsibility for combining these aftercare instructions with that of another clinic or artist.
Your permanent make-up has been applied with sterile, single use needles with the finest colours available. The quality of your procedure is dependent on you giving the proper care during the healing process from this point on. A few days of simple care will make a noticeable and permanent difference!
DAY OF PROCEDURE:
For the next few hours and before bed, gently wash with water using a slightly damp cotton ball. This will prevent a thick scab from forming. Blot dry and apply an extremely thin coat of the ointment that is provided. Remove any excess ointment on surrounding skin.
In the morning, wash with water again using the damp cotton ball. Blot dry and apply a thin coat of ointment (less is more!). Rinse and apply the ointment at least (3) times throughout the day. Do not use any type of make-up or foundation close to the area.
DAY 2 Until Healed
Do nothing but clean gently with water several times a day. Let your eyeliner breath and heal. Do not scratch or rub it. Wait at least four (4) days before applying mascara. A ‘new’ mascara is recommended as old mascara contains bacteria.
Next 4 Weeks
Absolutely avoid sun, tanning beds and wind. Wear sunglasses when outside. No swimming in salt or chlorinated water during the healing process. If you must go into the pool briefly, put a good coating of ointment which will help repel the water. Avoid direct contact with animals or contact with soil that may expose the tattoo to fertilizers etc.
Lifelong Care to Maintain Lasting Colour
The way you keep your colour fresh and new is to keep it out of the sun! Always use an SPF on the area as sun is the number one reason for premature fading. Never use exfoliants or products meant to remove dead skin cells on the area. Using these on the tattooed area will result in premature fading. Some redness around the tattoo is normal. Inflammation is part of the natural healing process.
Your eyeliner may look up to 50% darker for at least the first few days and up to a week. This is part of tattoo healing. They may look harsh and drawn on. As soon as the top layer heals and flakes off, you will have the soft colour and natural look that you desire.
These instructions were curated by the leading pigment creators in the industry.
Aftercare Don’t’s of Eyeliner Tattoo
These activities/habits will affect the healing process tremendously, you can continue these once they are done flaking:
- Sleeping on your face/sides (you can pull out/rub off flaking prematurely).
- Wearing makeup near or on the Eyeliner tattoo ex: Mascara, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner etc.
- Any sort of sun exposure (do not go on any vacations within 4 weeks of your procedure).
- No working out/heavy sweating for one week.
- Skincare containing oils, retinol, vitamin a or vitamin c for one week after the appointment.
- Do not pick at any flaking or possible scabbing.
- No steam, saunas or pools.
What To Avoid for 7-10 Days
These activities may resume 7-10 days after your last Eyeliner service.
- Increased sweating, exercises, strenuous activity.
- Getting your eyeliner wet, outside of washing instructions.
- Tanning bed use at any point after having Permanent Makeup will result in discolouration and premature fading
- Submerging your Permanent Makeup in bodies of water. Ex: Bath or hot tub, lakes/rivers, pools, etc.
- UVA/UVB exposure will pose risk or discolouration. When brows are done flaking, apply SPF daily (AlumierMD sunscreens like clear shield for oily skin or Sheer hydration for dry skin are the best)
- DO NOT PICK at any possible scabbing or flaking. You will pull out the ink prematurely.
- Wash hands prior to washing brows, and wash your pillowcase to lower risk of infection.
- Avoid Retinol, Retin-A, Vitamin A, Acids and Oils on your brows and forehead for one week.
- No lotions, non-gentle cleansers, or makeup should be applied to the brows until they are done flaking.
- Applying Mascara, Eyeshadow and/or Eyeliner (we recommend using a new tube of mascara and clean brushes/application tools when ready to apply makeup on or around the area)
Updated: August 28, 2021