On This Page
IVONNE COVID-19 DASHBOARD
As of Saturday April 3, 2021 Ivonne Sanchez Beauty is pausing all services for 4 weeks, until May 1, 2021. This is in connection with the “Emergency Brake” pull enacted by the Ontario Provincial Government. Please monitor our Instagram and Instagram bio space for more information.
We ask that all clients take the opportunity to move their appointments to a date May 1 and onward.
Colour-Code Level: Red - Control
At Ivonne Sanchez Beauty we take COVID-19 very seriously, and we adhere to the rules and guidelines as required and recommended by local and provincial medical authorities.
Due to the high demand we ask that all clients schedule and manage their appointments directly online through our online booking system.
We thank all of our clients for their continued support and patience, and we appreciate your assistance in self-rescheduling your appointments through our online portal. When you reschedule your appointment to a later date you greatly help our over-extended administrative resources.
Otherwise We're Usually Open At All 3 Colour Levels
The Province of Ontario announced March 26, 2021 that Personal Care Services are permitted to be open in Grey, Red, and Orange statuses. Ivonne Sanchez Beauty has modified its services for each stage in order to maintain compliance with the highest safety measures. Once the “emergency brake” lockdown is over May 1 we anticipate returning to either a grey, red, or orange colour level.
Services Available During Orange - Restrict | Red - Control or Grey Lockdown Levels
Services Paused During Orange - Restrict | Red - Control
- ❌ Microneedling (skincare)
- ❌ Facials (G.M. Collin/AlumierMD)
- ❌ Peels (AlumierMD)
- ❌ BB Glow
- ❌ Lip Tattoo (Blush or Contour)
- ❌ Lip Waxing/Sugaring
- ❌ Sideburn Waxing/Sugaring
- ❌ Chin Waxing/Sugaring
- ❌ Any such service where your face mask would be removed.*
Ivonne Sanchez Beauty Providing Services?
History of Status
June 12, 2020 – Ottawa Public Health Entered Stage 2
July 17, 2020 – Ottawa Public Health Entered Stage 3
November 7, 2020 – Ottawa Public Health Entered Orange-Restrict
December 26, 2020 – Ottawa Public Health Entered Lockdown
February 16, 2021 – Ottawa Public Health Enters Orange-Restrict
What We're Doing To Keep Everyone Safe
Patrons must wear face coverings for all services on an area of their face. All services requiring face mask removal (e.g. Lip tattoo, microneedling, facials, peels, BB glow) are suspended until further notice.
Notice: This webpage contains static information that may not be updated over time. The type of content presented below is meant to provide readers with long-standing and authoritative resources on Coronavirus (COVID-19). Ivonne Sanchez Beauty is a Permanent Makeup and Beauty Clinic located in Ottawa, Canada. We are a Personal Service Setting and adhere to the Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Best Practices as supported by the Ontario Regulations O. Reg 136/18. Because we are a Personal Service Setting we adopt strict practices to avoid and control exposure to a range of infectious diseases, not only to coronavirus.
Ivonne Sanchez Beauty encourages any client with at least one of any of the following symptoms to proactively reschedule their service to a later time when you are feeling better and to consider being tested for COVID-19:
- Fever (temperature 37.8 Celsius or higher (we will not be taking temperatures on site as this constitutes a medical examination for which we are not authorized)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Sore Throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- New olfactory or taste disorder(s)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion – in absence of underlying reason for these symptoms such as seasonal allergies, post nasal drip, etc.
- Generally not feeling well
Ivonne Sanchez Beauty is taking steps to implement all recommended protocols and steps necessary to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. This includes the following measures, which may be updated from time to time, and without notice. These measures are in accordance with the Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Guidance for Personal Service Settings.
- All walk-in traffic is restricted and all appointments must now be made online, in advance.
- The waiting area has been removed and we ask that all clients arrive at their scheduled appointment time to minimize the amount of people on premises.
- Cash payments are discouraged however still permitted, and change will be offered only by account credit, or via electronic funds transfer upon request.
- All appointments will be made online only.
- All snacks and refreshment services have been paused.
- All testers and retail skincare has been paused, however all products are available for purchase through our online store.
- Onsite reception services will be limited to reserve space for clients and personal service providers.
- Please do not bring any additional guests or any extra personal items to your appointment. All personal items should be stored in disposable plastic bags.
- Please wear a mask when arriving at your appointment. Due to close proximity it is best to safeguard against moisture droplets that could be exchanged between yourself and our team. If you do not have a mask then one may be sold to you and the proceeds donated to a local charity. In the event that you arrive without a mask the service provider reserves the right to cancel the appointment and apply any cancellation or rebooking fees.
- Please wash your hands on arrival with hot soapy water for 20 seconds using the client sink at the centre of the room; alternately please use hand sanitizer from the dispenser in the doorway.
- We ask all clients to agree that they not touch their face while on premises, and that they wash their hands with hot soapy water at the completion of their service (subject to aftercare guidelines) using the client sink located at the centre of the room.
- We ask that all clients (where possible) use the toilet before arriving for their appointment, and reserve the onsite toilet for urgencies.
- Touchless consent forms and Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool will continue to be available as our primary method of obtaining signatures. Covid Self Assessment tools are available on QR codes at the entrance. Client intake and consent forms will be found in your appointment workflow. Please refer to the links in your confirmation emails.
- As a courtesy we ask all clients who contract any of the above symptoms and/or receive COVID-19 testing with presumptive or confirmed cases within 14 days of receiving a service at our location to voluntarily notify us so that we can self-monitor and receive testing ourselves. This is a voluntary request only and not a requirement.
- All consultations will be conducted virtually and online as far as it is possible.
- Facial services e.g. Peels are restricted until further notice.
- Do not wear gloves into the clinic. You are welcome to bring clean gloves to wear on site, however you should not wear the same gloves from outside that have come into contact with unclean surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer is for use only when hand washing is not available. Due to our configuration we have 2 separate hand-washing sinks available for clients in addition to the washroom. Washing with hot soapy water should be used over using hand sanitizer.
- Service times have been extended to accommodate additional cleaning time in between clients (this may reduce availability).
- If you are high risk or prefer to coordinate your appointment time outside of regular service hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Although not guaranteed we will do everything possible to accommodate your request.
- If you have attended an indoor gathering of more than 10 people or an outdoor gathering of more than 10 people (indoors) or 25 people (outdoors) you may not be eligible for services at Ivonne Sanchez Beauty.
What Are The Risks of COVID-19 In Personal Services?
For personal services such as those offered at Ivonne Sanchez Beauty the nature of work performed requires close contact with colleagues and clients (i.e. within 2 metres). These interactions, as well as the need to touch work surfaces and equipment could increase the likelihood that we or you could come in contact with the virus.
What You Should Know
Coronavirus is an emerging infectious disease, and what is known about the virus is changing. This respiratory illness was first reported in December of 2019, and global health and government agencies have responded to contain, control, and prevent the spread among humans.
We strongly encourage our clients and our readers to consult with their local medical resources including municipal, provincial health unit and their federal government for the most up to date information about Coronavirus.
While social networks have become a popular way to both read and create content, these platforms are not reliable sources. Further, many media outlets have attracted interest in Coronavirus creating sensational content for their publications and broadcasting. This information is not always objective in its messaging, or its method/frequency of delivery.
It is strongly recommended that readers refer to the following authoritative resources for the most accurate and up-to-date information about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
Ottawa Public Health
Public Health Ontario
Other Coronavirus Resources
How COVID-19 Has Impacted Our Small Business
The impacts of COVID-19 on small business are serious and as a new brand we’re not sure the full extent of the impact.
Like many small businesses we do not yet have a clear picture on what it will cost to do business post-reopening, or post-Covid-19.
Ivonne Sanchez Beauty does not fall under the regulation of medical professionals or other beauty colleges. We are an outlier somewhere in between the various parts of the beauty industry. This means that we have been impacted by decisions to close personal care services. We have been forced to close entirely for at least 4 months or more, and when open our operational capacity has been constrained by 75-90%.
Supplies Are Limited
Important supplies like PPE, tools, and products (although still available) are slower than usual. The entire supply chain has been impacted by COVID-19. It now costs more and it takes much longer to access the essentials.
Commercial Real Estate & Lenders
Commercial Real Estate in Ottawa is owned and operated by a variety of institutions and funds. Since the beginning of Covid-19 there has not been any change in commercial real estate prices, and landlords continue to fetch pre-covid market lease value. While the government has implemented programs to support small business with rent obligations we have lost the urban retail culture that once existed in the downtown core.
Small business lenders also maintain their terms and command full payment of loans.
For commercial real estate and commercial lenders it is still very much business as usual.
At Ivonne Sanchez Beauty we are thankful for the public programs and efforts of the BIAs and bodies like the Board of Trade who continue to work hard in the face of uncertainty. However, it is our view that these efforts are being absorbed by commercial property and small business loan market.