Preparation for a peel treatment
You will be having a skin treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the instructions below to prepare:
- Use of AlumierMD home care products prior to your peel are recommended to prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. Please consult your skin care professional for appropriate recommendations for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use AlumierMD home care products for 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are lactating, pregnant, or may be pregnant, consult with your physician before receiving any treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid the use of retinoid products (eg retinol, Retin A, Tazorac) and high levels of AHA and BHA products for approximately 7 days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing the use of any prescription medications.
AlumierMD skin treatments result in minimal to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most clients do not find it necessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy, and radiant following your treatment.